The questions from Customs brokers in the province of Alberta arise regrading the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) Agreement, namely what are be the advantages for Alberta’s importers and exporters with Canada concluding the Agreement.
Here are some of the main points:
– Alberta’s manufactures will gain market access free of duty for the majority of industrial goods, comprising of metals, minerals, chemicals, plastics and industrial machinery;
– Alberta’s farmers will get a duty-free market access for most agricultural and agri-food products, namely canola oil, feed wheat, feed barley, dog and cat food, also enhanced market access for wheat, beef, pork, malt, and barley;
– Alberta’s forestry industry will have a duty-free market access for forestry products: lumber, oriented strand board and newsprint;
– skilled Albertan business persons will get improved market access commitments for temporary entry;
– Alberta’s investors will have more transparent and predictable access for services suppliers in professional and construction sectors and predictable, non-discriminatory rules;
– Both importers and exporters will profit from strong provisions on non-tariff measures, supported by expeditious and effective dispute settlement provisions.
Dilas as a licensed Canadian Customs broker is is ready to help with the importations from the TPP countries.
Comment être admissible au programme d’exonération des droits? DILAS peut vous aider! Le Programme d’exonération des droits accorde une exonération du paiement des droits, au
How to qualify for Duties Relief Program? DILAS can help! The Duties Relief Program relieves the payment of duties, at the time of importation, on imported goods
DILAS CAN LOWER YOUR IMPORT TAXES WHEN BRINGING TEXTILES FROM THE EU BY OBTAINING IMPORT PERMIT The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between Canada