To setup a Non-Resident Importer (NRI) account
- Apply for your GST/HST Registration Number and Import / Export Business Number by filling out RC1 Request for a Business Number (BN) form. You must apply for your GST/HST Registration Number if your company is generating over $30,000 a year in taxable sales inside or outside of your country. If you are generating under $30,000 a year in taxable sales inside or outside of your country you are not required to apply for your GST/HST Registration Number, but you have the option to register for one.** When you complete your “Request for a Business Number (BN)” Form send your application to the correct CRA Tax Centre: Non-resident GST/HST Enquiries
- More info on registration can be read in Doing Business in Canada – GST/HST Information for Non-Residents guide
- Complete AGREEMENT TO MAINTAIN RECORDS OUTSIDE OF CANADA. if you decide to keep the records outside of Canada and request the permission from Revenue Canada for that.
- After you have received the export/import account number from Canada Revenue Agency, set up a business account with us here: Business Account Setup
- Fax your Legal Registration Form or Certificate or Articles of Incorporation to Dilas Customs Brokers.